A lot more has popped up in the way of vegan fare since my last visit to Sin City! While the places I frequented on past visits still exist, I’ve had to add some new spots to my list. Vegas hasn’t gotten any less wild but I’m so happy that there has been a turn toward some more plant based fare. Some healthier then others, here’s my updated list of veggie goodness in this naughty dessert oasis!
- Red Velvet Cafe – I love this place as it offers breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as fantastic desserts. It’s tough to find decent breakfast in Vegas if you’re vegan or follow a restricted diet so Red Velvet Cafe is definitely a spot to visit for a quick meal. Lots of veggie and vegan options from sandwiches and wraps to pizzas and pastas, they accommodate most food allergies and can get you back to having fun in a jiff!
- The Wynn & Encore Hotels – When Steve Wynn became an herbivore, his hotels began to offer some of the most fabulous plant based dishes around. High end chefs and culinary artistry make for some of the most gourmet vegan meals available in Vegas, let alone the world. Whether you are ordering room service, looking for a casual meal or going for a lavish evening, finding an out-of-this-world vegan meal is no problem at any of the Vegas Wynn resorts!
- Mint – If you’ve got a hankering for fabulous Indian cuisine along with a little fine dining ambiance, you’ll love Mint! Not to far from the heart of the action, it’s a must when you’re in town. Afordable and chock full of healthy options, you’ll leave super satisfied. I’m all about sharing the Lumbini Vegan sampler!
- Veggie Delight – This is a fun place for healthier Chinese. If you’re in a rush and want to take it back to your room before a big night out, Veggie Delight is your best bet! All vegetarian with lots of vegan options, they even have a nice selection of Vietnamese dishes if you’re leaning in that direction. There’s a lot of faux meats on the menu so if you’re gluten free, don’t fret, there are a ton of great choices for you too ; )
- Pink Taco – While this sounds like a scandalous place, you’d be surprised at the healthy options available at this Mexican party joint. Found in the Hard Rock Hotel, Pink Taco offers up fresh guacamole, veggie tacos and fajitas as well as killer salads that are all easily veganizable. Party hardy at Rehab, Hard Rocks insane pool party, then fuel up for the night with some delish Mexican yumminess!
Sinful options that can’t be missed
- Atomic #7 – Who can resist ice cream? Especially in that desert heat ; ) Whatever your vice of food intolerance, they’ve got it! Smoothis, juices, coffee drinks and of course, ice cream, be sure to stop here for a decadent treat! Vegans and non-vegans can go nuts here and no one is left out as they offer a wide array of bases (soy, almond, rice, yogurt, etc) and you can create any insane concoction you desire. I’m a sucker for a cookie dough sundae!
- Ronald’s Donuts – Yeah, I know, doughnuts aren’t healthy but every now and again, especially in Vegas, one should indulge. Ronald’s may not look like much on the outside, or the inside for that matter but their selection of vegan sugar bombs is terrific. Doughnuts, Bear Claws, Apple fritters and more, they are great for road food or a hangover breakfast ; ) 4600 Spring Mountain Road Las Vegas, Nevada 89102 (702) 873-1032
And to be honest, there are a ton more places to cover! We’ll be heading there soon to film another episode of The Healthy Voyager so be on the look out for more on Las Vegas healthy eats!
For more information, visit www.healthyvoyager.com
Add a comment