I am a sucker for pretty much anything spicy that involves corn, and since the season is coming to a close I am using it as much as possible. One of my favorite ways to use it is in a simple corn and black bean salad. This one is dressed up with radishes, peppers, cilantro, and a spicy dressing made with fresh garlic, jalapeno, and lime juice. It makes a perfect side dish for vegan tacos or a main course with some brown rice.
Avocado Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1.5 tsp. cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 diced jalapeno or 2 tsp. hot sauce
- 14.5oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 ears corn, cut off cob (or 1.5 cups canned)
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 4 tbsp. cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the olive oi, green onions, cumin, garlic, lime juice, and jalapeno/hot sauce to create the dressing.
- Toss with remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to your preference.
Add a comment