Tacos are one of my favorite quick and easy weeknight meals. I usually toss whatever vegetables I have around in a quick blend of spices and saute them in a touch of coconut oil for quick and delicious tacos. This combination of sweet potatoes and spinach ended up being one of my favorite combos yet because the sweetness of the potatoes make a great pairing with the spice from the chili powder.
Sweet Potato Spinach Tacos
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. coriander
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 cups spinach, cubed
- 1 lime
- Toss the sweet potato with all of the spices.
- Heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Once melted, add the sweet potatoes and cook for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Add the spinach and cook for around 3 minutes until wilted.
- Serve in warm tortillas with lime juice and your favorite condiments.