I love enjoying weekend brunch, but sometimes don’t want to deal with the actual act of preparing it on a lazy weekend morning. This breakfast is the perfect solution. Mix everything up and pour it into the slow cooker. Four hours later you have a delicious and healthy breakfast that is perfect for a crowd.
Slow Cooker Vegan Quiche
- 14 oz. firm tofu
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 10 oz. frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp. dried herbs – basil, thyme, or your favorites
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray your crockpot with cooking spray.
- Press out the moisture in the tofu using a tofu press or by placing it between two towels and placing something heavy on top. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add the garlic, onions, spinach, and mushrooms. Cook until softened. Squeeze out any excess moisture. Season with salt, pepper, dried herbs, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the tofu, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vinegar to a food processor and pulse until completely smooth.
- Remove and fold in vegetables and nutritional yeast. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Pour into slow cooker and cook for 4 hours on low until set.