I use my slow cooker about twice a week during the cold winter months. Not only does it make cooking a breeze, the results are usually warm comforting things that are perfect to eat cuddled up indoors. Today’s recipe for curried cauliflower soup makes a perfect lunch or dinner and couldn’t be easier. Top it with sliced apples, pepitas, walnuts, or some cashew cream. It also freezes great so consider making a nice big batch.
Slow Cooker Curried Cauliflower Soup
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup diced or shredded carrots
- 2 stalks diced celery
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- Salt and fresh pepper
- 1-3 tbsp. curry powder or paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a medium size pot.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery. Cook for 8-10 minutes until softened and fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower florets and saute for 5 minutes. Add the bay leaf, salt, pepper, and vegetable stock.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is completely soft. Using an immersion blender (or regular blender in batches) blend the soup, adding the nutritional yeast. Taste again and season with salt and pepper if needed.