With fall weather starting to surface, all I want to eat is soup. This vegan cauliflower soup made with vegetables, stock, and a hint of nutritional yeast for the “cheese” flavor is one of my favorite fall soups. Topped with some toasted nuts, seeds, or herb oil – it makes a delicious meal or appetizer. It also freezes great for meals on the run.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup diced or shredded carrots
- 2 stalks diced celery
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- Salt and fresh pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a medium size pot.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery. Cook for 8-10 minutes until softened and fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower florets and saute for 5 minutes. Add the bay leaf, salt, pepper, and vegetable stock.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is completely soft. Using an immersion blender (or regular blender in batches) blend the soup, adding the nutritional yeast. Taste again and season with salt and pepper if needed.