Curry has always been one of my absolute favorite spice mixtures to make a simple dish shine. However finding vegan curry paste can sometimes be tricky since many products contain fish sauce. When looking for vegan curry paste, make sure to read the full ingredient list of reach for a curry paste that you know is vegan, like these. For this recipe, we pair green curry with coconut milk, spaghetti squash, spinach, zucchini, and veggie crumbles or tempeh for a light and delicious meal. It also freezes great for leftovers.
Spaghetti Squash Curry with Vegan Crumbles
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 16 oz. veggie crumbles or crumbled tempeh
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups zucchini, chopped
- 4 cups fresh spinach or kale
- 2-4 tbsp. green curry paste
- 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- To prepare the spaghetti squash, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the spaghetti squash in half carefully and scoop out the seeds. Place it on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for about 45-60 minutes or until tender. Then gently scrape out with a fork. You can also microwave the the squash. Pierce it all over with a fork or knife. Place on a microwave safe dish and cook for 10-12 minutes or until soft.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add the coconut oil. Once melted, add the onion. Cook for 4-5 minutes until tender and then add the veggie crumbles and garlic. Cook until heated through.
- Add the zucchini and spinach. Cook until the spinach is completely wilted, about 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the curry paste, ginger, lime juice, coconut milk, and brown sugar.
- Add to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes until zucchini is tender.
Serve over the spaghetti squash.