It’s always great to have some delicious, energy packed snacks around when you need a pick up me in the afternoon, need to recover after an intense workout, or just want a delicious sweet snack. This recipe is one I always reach for when I want something like this around. You can use any nut you like and make them with or without the chocolate (but seriously make thme with!). The dates add a great sweetness and the almonds pack in the protein.
Almond Date and Chocolate Energy Balls
- 2 cups roasted almonds
- 20 pitted dates
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt (leave out if nuts are salted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups vegan chocolate chips
- Add the dates to a food processor and pulse until they begin to form a paste.
- Add the almonds, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Pulse until they begin to form a thick dough/paste. You will need to scrape down the sides. They are pulsed enough when you can form a ball when you press the mixture in your hands. If you won’t firm up, add a touch of melted coconut oil.
- Roll the almond and date mixture into about 20 balls.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or the microwave.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Dip the ball in the chocolate and then place on the baking sheet. Repeat.
Add a comment