Looking for an alternative to traditional oatmeal? This grain free, Paleo, low carb hot breakfast cereal may be just what you are looking for! The combination of flaxseed meal, chia seeds, and coconut make it packed with fiber so it will keep you full for hours. You could use pumpkin, mashed bananas, or applesauce depending on what flavor you would like. Consider making up a big batch and storing it in a mason jar so you can make it quickly on a busy morning.
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp maple syrup or brown sugar
- Mix everything together.
- Cooking method 1: Place in a jar or container and refrigerate overnight. Eat it cold or warm it up with some extra almond milk.
- Option 2: Cook it in the microwave for 1.5-2 minutes.
Add a comment