Quick and easy lunches can be tricky sometimes for vegans since normally there are less options available when you want something to just grab and go. This chickpea and avocado salad can solve that problem though. Delicious on toast, over greens, or served in scooped out tomatoes – it makes a healthy and protein packed quick meal or snack. It will keep for a couple of days in the fridge so consider making a larger batch to have on hand. It is also great with a couple of splashes of hot sauce or red pepper flakes if you like spice.
Chickpea Avocado Salad
- 14.5 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large avocado
- 4 tbsp. cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbsp. diced onion
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- 1 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mash half of the avocado in the bottom of a bowl.
- Stir in the lime juice, onion, cilantro, celery salt, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Add the remaining avocado, chopped into pieces, and the chickpea. Stir together.
- If you desire, cut off the top of four tomatoes and scoop out the inside. Stuff with avocado and chickpea salad.