I was lucky enough to learn this dish in a vegan cooking class I took a couple of months back. The focus of the class was simple weeknight dishes that could be made in under 30 minutes. This dish was one of my favorites and could be made with any of your favorite veggies. I like to serve it over a bowl of warm polenta seasoned with a touch of vegan butter, nutritional yeast, and/or vegan Parmesan cheese.
Roasted Eggplant, Zucchini, and Tomatoes with Romesco
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced in 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 large zucchini, sliced in 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 tomatoes, sliced in 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 batch Romesco sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees..
- Toss the eggplant, zucchini, and tomatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast on a baking sheet for 20 minutes, flipping over halfway through.
- Top with a generous serving of Romesco sauce. Consider serving over polenta, pasta, rice, or quinoa.