It’s funny how there is one food that most people who have adopted a vegan diet truly miss. For my one my close friends, that food is quiche. As a vegetarian, quiche was a staple in her diet and since going full vegan, she hasn’t found a good replacement. Since on of her favorite snacks/quick meals were quiche cupcakes, I was determined to create a delicious vegan quiche cupcake recipe. This one did the trick and is packed with delicious sauteed vegetables and nutritional yeast to mimic the flavor of cheese. You can mix up the recipe with any variety of vegetables and fresh herbs to make your own unique vegan quiche cupcakes.
Vegan Quiche Cupcakes
- 14 oz. firm tofu
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup diced peppers
- 1/2 tsp. dried herbs – basil, thyme, or your favorites
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a standard six hole size muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Press out the moisture in the tofu using a tofu press or by placing it between two towels and placing something heavy on top. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add the vegetables and garlic. saute until softened and season with salt, pepper, dried herbs, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the tofu to a food processor and pulse until completely smooth.
- Remove and fold in vegetables and nutritional yeast. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Pour into muffin tin and bake for 35 minutes until beginning to brown and cooked completely.